Need more information before getting started with your CSS Profile application? We are here to help.
Helpful Tips and Resources
- Highlights – Tour our CSS Profile Overview
- Documents at the ready – You will need your most recently completed tax returns, W-2 forms and other records of current year income, records of untaxed income and benefits, assets and bank statements.
- User Account – If you have a College Board account, sign in using the same credentials (.pdf/258KB). This will save you time and help us apply fee waivers you received to your CSS Profile application.
- Save and Return – You do not need to complete the entire application at one time.
- Deadlines – To make sure your application will be considered on time, submit your CSS Profile by midnight Eastern Time of your earliest priority filing date.
Instructions and Help
- CSS Profile Student Guide – get the basics on how to complete your CSS Profile application (.pdf/77KB).
- Tutorial – View our CSS Profile Tutorial for step-by-step instructions.
- Reporting Parents on the CSS Profile - A guide to reporting parents on the CSS Profile.
- Contact Us – Chat live or speak by phone to one of our representatives. Agents are ready to assist you Monday-Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.