What if I do not have contact with my non-custodial parent?

A noncustodial parent is typically one who did not provide most of the student's financial support during the past year. A CSS Profile Waiver Request for the Noncustodial Parent is available to submit to colleges (please note: some institutions may have their own form/process). Each college will look at your waiver request and determine if they will waive the requirement for your noncustodial parent to submit a CSS Profile application.