What is my parent tax return status as international student?

If your parents file taxes to report their income to your government, then you will select “Completed” for the first question. Then select “Other non-U.S. tax return” for the second question. The expandable help text is also available to guide you in case your tax year differs from the calendar year.

If your parents do not file taxes, then you will select “Not filed, and not required to file, a tax return.”