beginning of content:

Some colleges, in the case of divorce or separation, may require the CSS Profile from both biological parents.

How do I know if the CSS Profile is required from both of my biological parents?

You need to start by reviewing our list of participating colleges and you can also check your college’s financial aid website.  Some colleges do require information from both of your biological parents:  your custodial parent and your noncustodial parent.  Each parent will complete the application separately.  Learn more by watching: Completing the CSS Profile for the Noncustodial Parent.

How does my noncustodial parent create a College Board account to complete the CSS Profile?

View our instructions (.pdf/259KB) for establishing a College Board account and signing in to the CSS Profile Application.

What if I do not have any contact with my noncustodial parent?

A noncustodial parent is typically the parent the student did not live with most of the time during the past year.  A CSS Profile Waiver Request for the Noncustodial Parent (.pdf/187KB) is available to provide to colleges. Each college will look at your waiver request and determine if they will waive the requirement for your noncustodial parent to submit a CSS Profile application.